Supporting the Transition to Higher Education
As a 501(c)(3) public charity, Doorway to College Foundation’s primary mission is preparing students for their transition to higher education, whether they choose a community college or a selective university. Every day, we strive to inspire students to take control of the college admissions process. We work to spark each student’s enthusiasm for college prep early on so they begin to build the foundation for their dreams.
Working directly with schools, our goal is to arm young scholars and their families with solid strategies to achieve competitive scores and succeed in the transition from high school to higher education.
Foundation for College Exploration
- Development and incorporation of programs and classroom features into elementary, middle, and high schools that help students see college in their future and realize their own potential for higher education
- Assistance with incorporating the Common Core and the STEM objectives in all appropriate areas of the curriculum in elementary, middle, and high schools
- StudySmart! classes
- e-books on ACT and SAT test-taking tips, study skills, playing sports in college, the college-application process, and more
- ZAPS ACT Test Prep (online or in person)
- ZAPS SAT Test Prep (online or in person)
- ZAPS PSAT Test Prep (online or in person)
College Readiness, Selection, and Application Guidance
- Guidance in preliminary screening of students’ higher-education preferences, with a focus on matching individual characteristics and needs with the known distinguishing characteristics of each college and university
- Guidance for preparing admission applications and required essays
- Assistance with making a final decision between available higher-education options
We have made great strides in some of these areas, and have much more work ahead of us in others. We invite you to join us as we strive to make our mission a reality. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.