With Tame Test Anxiety: Confidence Training for Tests audio files, you'll use visualization and proven relaxation techniques to score your highest on any academic test. These skills apply whether you are taking the ACT, the PSAT, the SAT, or any other standardized test. They'll even work in regular classes, as they help you conquer the anxiety that may be holding you back from doing your best. Not sure how anxious you are? Take the free survey.
The audio files include the following:
- Into the Zone
- Brief Review
- Pleasant Activity
- In a Class
- To the Test
- Easy Questions
- Harder Items
- It Is Over
Use the files in sequence to build your confidence and allow your skills to shine.
A Full Year of Access
Tame Test Anxiety will be available for one full year from the date of your purchase.
About the Author
Richard Driscoll, Ph.D., has worked with anxiety reduction over several decades, beginning with his graduate research which suggested that vigorous physical activity and a sense of challenge can strengthen an anxiety reduction protocol. He combined these features into an "anxiety reduction and confidence training" procedure, which ongoing research has found to be particularly powerful in lowering anxiety and improving test scores.
Research Behind the Program
In four separate studies with 50+ highly anxious college students, the Tame Test Anxiety training produced an average 12 percentile or half a letter grade benefit.
* Driscoll, R., B. Holt, & L. Hunter (2005). Accelerated Desensitization and Adaptive Attitudes Interventions and Test Gains with Academic Probation Students. 10, 13pp.
* Driscoll, R. (2006). stars–pac Accelerated Anxiety Reduction: Rationale and Initial Findings. ERIC, 11, 18 pp.
* Ginger Evans, G. Ramsey, R. Driscoll (2010). Test-Anxiety Program and Test Gains with Nursing Students, ERIC, . 7pp
* Driscoll, R. & B. Holt (2012). Automated anxiety control promotes student retention. A replication, ERIC, 3pp.
* Bowman, N., R. Driscoll (2013) Test Anxiety Reduction and Confidence Training: A Replication.